We are excited to welcome all of our students back to a new school year on Wednesday, September 1st. (Staggered start is cancelled)
Welcome Back to School!
We hope that you have had an amazing summer! The École Elsie Mironuck Community School Staff is looking forward to welcoming students back.
Here are some of the highlights that will support your back to school planning:
- School Day Schedule:
- 8:52-10:15 – Learning Time
- 10:15-10:30 – Morning Recess
- 10:30-11:45 – Learning Time
- 11:45-12:45 – Lunch and one 15 minute recess (some classes have recess first and then eat, the other half eat and then have recess)
- 12:45-2:00 – Learning Time
- 2:00-2:15 – Afternoon Recess
- 2:15-3:38 – Learning Time
We ask that students, not coming by bus, arrive as close to 8:52 as possible to lessen traffic on the playground. The same applies at 3:38 pm. We encourage families to have their children walk to school to limit congestion of vehicles as well as people around the school property.
We also encourage as many students as possible to go home for lunch.
Students transported by bus have received their pick up and drop off times from the RCSD Transportation department. Masks will be mandatory for all students riding the bus. Any inquiries regarding transportation services can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or 306-791-7214.
2. First Day of School: School start up will NOT be staggered as anticipated. This means that ALL students, from kindergarten – grade 8, will start school on September 1st. Pre-Kindergarten families will receive communication in the coming weeks regarding the start date for their child. The first possible day for Pre-Kindergarten students will be on September 13
- Kindergarten to Grade 3 students will meet on the South side of the school playground for both English and French Immersion classrooms. Teachers will have bright colored grade level signs that will help to indicate where students should go to be separated into classroom cohorts by teachers prior to entering the school.
- Grade 4 to Grade 8 students will meet on the North side of the school playground for both English and French Immersion classrooms. Teachers will have bright colored grade level signs that will help to indicate where students should go to be separated into classroom cohorts by teachers prior to entering the school.
On the first days of school, all staff members will be on the playground and around the school property to help and support students in determining who their teacher is and where their classroom meeting spot will be.
Parents/guardians are asked to please refrain from entering the playground as much as possible to limit congestion.
4. Masks: Masks must be worn by all students, staff and visitors. Please remind/teach your child about appropriate and safe mask wearing and cleaning. Please note that scarfs, bandanas, or buffs do not meet mask requirements and will not be allowed.
5. Water Bottles: Please ensure that your child comes to school every day with a reusable water bottle. All water fountains are turned off and inaccessible. We have two water bottle filling stations. Please teach your child about appropriate water bottle usage and cleaning.
6. Hygiene: Hand sanitizer will be accessible at school. Frequent handwashing is encouraged, and frequent reminders will take place during the day. Regular disinfecting will occur in all school spaces.
7. Physical Distancing: Physical distancing is encouraged as much as possible (in areas in which space allows for it). Please review appropriate physical distancing with your child.
8. Specified Entrances/Exits, Staggered Transitions, and Designated Line Up Areas: These will be shown and taught to students on the first staggered days of school and reviewed as days progress.
9. Limited Access To School Building: Entry to the school is currently restricted to staff and students ONLY. Please phone the main office to request permission to access the school. When you do enter the school, you will be asked to scan a QR code at the door and answer the questions before proceeding further into the school. For the safety of staff and students, we are also attempting to limit the number of people on our school playground.
10. Student Drop Off/Pick Up Expectations: Please encourage your child to walk from your home or from your designated drop off spot anywhere on Coldwell Rd. or Stewart Ave. Wakefield Crescent is reserved for residents and School Buses only. We have many school buses that will be coming to our school and this street must remain free of parked vehicles to ensure safe and turn-able passage for these very large busses. If you are picking your child up from the school during the school day, please park on Coldwell or Stewart, walk to the front sidewalk of the school, phone the school office to request your child be released from school and wait there for your child. Please remember that sidewalks are the safest places for students to be. The bus bay and staff parking lot are restricted areas for school board personnel vehicles only.
11. Prepare Your Child for the Entire School Day: Since visitors are not permitted at this time, it is important that you child comes to school with what is necessary for the entire day. This includes full lunch and snacks, a re-usable water bottle, all supplies including homework or classwork.
12. Watch for More Information: Visit our website at https://ecoleelsiemironuck.rbe.sk.ca/ . Follow us onTwitter @ElsieMironuck Check daily for information sent home from your child’s teacher in those first weeks of school. There will be forms to fill out and return.
13. Daily Monitoring for Symptoms: Please complete a daily wellness check with your child every morning. Should they exhibit any of the symptoms listed in the graphic below, please do not send them to school. Any student who displays symptoms while at school will be removed from class and parents/guardians will be called to take them home immediately. All individuals must be at least 48 hours free of any symptoms before they can return/be present in the building. If you require further medical support and/or advice, please call 811.